Sunday 16 September 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Cake


Have you ever ended up buying some food item such as mayonnaise, jam, peanut butter in a larger capacity because the price for the large ones and the medium/small one is only 50cents different?

I have a big bottle of peanut butter about 800g in my kitchen which was bought because of the 50cents :)
This peanut butter is moving very slowing as my kids prefer to eat the apple jam and mango jam that I have made.

So, in order to "move" the peanut butter faster, I search through my old cookery book and found this "Peanut Butter Banana Cake" receipt.




This cake is very nice, you can chew on the crunchy peanut, can smell the sweet banana while you were eating it. It smells very nice even before it was bake due to the peanut butter.

The receipt suggested to make this cake in a 21cm oblong cake tin and the baking time is 1hour!!!

Cannot lah. Singapore electricity is so expensive. So I decided to bake this cake into small muffins cup. And the cooking time is only 10mins for 21 small muffins cup. Plus, I can give some away without having to cut, pack...

Here is the receipt:-

125g unsalted butter
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter * 1
1/4 cup wholemeal flour *2
1 & 3/4 cup self-raising flour *3
1 cup mashed banana *4

Methods:

Preheat oven to 180C. My oven only have 175 C.
Brush a deep 21 x 14 x 7cm loaf tin with oil. Line the base and sides with paper, grease the paper.
Or line your muffin tray with muffin cup.

1. Using electric beater, beat butter, sugar and honey in a large bowl until light and creamy.  Add eggs gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add peanut butter, beat until combined.

2. Add banana, use a metal spoon, fold in sifted flour, including husks. Stir until just combined and the mixture is almost smooth.

3. Spoon mixture into prepared tin, smooth surface. Bake 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre of cake. Leave cake in tin for 10 mins before turning onto a wire race to cool. Serve sliced and speed with butter, if desired.

0r

3*  Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cup. Bake for about 10mins on 175C or  until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre of cake. Remove muffins cup from muffin tray immediately.

 * Notes
1) Original receipt call for 1/3 peanut butter, but since I don't have this size plus I love peanut butter, so, I use 1/2 cup. I love peanut butter

2) & 3) Flour - original receipt call for 2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour. Since I don't have, I mixed wholemeal flour and self-raising flour.

4) use soft, very ripe banana for this cake.  Mash them with a fork.

Let me know if you have any questions

No comments:

Post a Comment